Insurance / Medicare / Medicaid Policies
As a courtesy, your claims will be filed directly with Medicare, Medicaid, or your primary insurance carrier by In Touch Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine (ITPTSM). Insurance companies often have limits on the amount of physical therapy they will pay for in a year. Limits may be imposed monetarily or by number of visits.
It is the patient’s responsibility to know and understand their insurance plan.
Failure to present correct and current insurance information at the time of service may result in a fee of up to 15% of the billable amount.
If insurance sends correspondence, please reply as to not delay or negate your benefits.
Having insurance is in no way a guarantee of benefits. If your benefits are exhausted at any point during treatment, there are alternative payment options available.
All Co-Payments are due at the time of service.
Account Balances Policies
All patient balances are the patient’s responsibility.
A $100 minimum payment or Co-Pay equivalent is required monthly.
All co-payments are due at the time of service. If your co-payments for the month exceed $100, then the $100 minimum may be waived.
Any patient balance remaining after 60 days will be subject to a 2% finance charge per month.
Cancellation / No Show Policy
A $50.00 No Show Fee may be charged to your account, if you fail to show up for an appointment or cancel without 4 business hours prior notice.
No Show Fees are the patient’s responsibility and cannot be billed through your insurance company.
Minors as Patients Policy
We ask minors as patients be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to assist with and sign paperwork during the Initial Evaluation and Treatment Session.
Children Accompanying Patients Policy
In Touch Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine (IPTSM) is committed to promoting a helpful culture which is supportive to the needs of patients with family responsibilities. Patients bringing children to appointments is not encouraged; however, we understand sometimes it cannot be avoided. We request that patients adhere to the following guidelines:
- Children brought into ITPTSM must be under the direct supervision of the accompanying adult. They must remain in the immediate vicinity of the treatment area at all times.
- The child’s safety as well as the child’s behavior is the sole responsibility of the accompanying adult.
- Due to the intrinsically hazardous gym equipment, children are not allowed to play with or use any gym equipment.
- Accompanying adults must ensure that other patients at the facility are not inconvenienced or disrupted by the child’s presence.
- Children with infectious diseases must not be brought to appointments.
- Accompanying adults of children demonstrating disruptive behavior will be asked to find alternative childcare for all future appointments.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell Phone Policy
Out of courtesy to staff and other patients in the clinic, we ask that cell phones be turned off or placed on vibrate.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these policies, please email us at: email@example.com